-By Swati Sucharita
Hard Rock Cafe in Hyderabad has three distinct areas, the restaurant, a bar area with easy chairs and bar stools, and finally its signature retail shop. The cafe is dotted with memorabilia like the corduroy white linen shirt worn by Elvis Presley, a black satin top hat of Beatles star George Harrison and a black fedora hat worn by Michael Jackson. Most of the music played in line with its name is rock (Indirock, rock and roll etc), but there is also a fair bit of rap and hip hop. On Thursdays there have been live performances by Saving Abel, Swartatma, Indian Ocean, Bob Sinclar etc. HRC's signature cocktail would have to be Hurricane (Rs. 470 plus taxes ), other faves are Long Island Iced Tea (Rs. 345 plus taxes), Mojito (Rs. 305 plus taxes), Cran-A-Kazi ( Rs. 290 plus taxes), Sex on the Beach (Rs. 315 plus taxes). Some popular mocktails are Berrilicious (Rs. 195 plus taxes) and Mango Tango (Rs. 310 plus taxes). Try the tequila shots, the bartender does a few mean ones. For whisky-guzzling Hyderabad, HRC has a good repertoire of whisky brands (Dewar's White label, Johnny Walker (Black & Red) label, Glenfidtch etc. For starters, the Jumbo Combo Vegetarian Rs. 440 plus taxes and non-vegetarian Rs. 520 plus taxes) are good options. Happy Hours are between 4pm and 7pm on weekdays, there is also a good VFM (value for money) Rock and Roll Lunch (between noon and 4pm) (RS. 310 plus taxes) on week days too.
Review posted last week
Hard Rock Café is having a Mojito festival "Mojito Mania". Mojito is one of my favorite cocktails, and I have tried various versions of the cocktail apart from the traditional Cuban lime and sugarcane. Recently I had tasted a tea based mojito at the Radisson Blue.
So, I was genuinely pleased to try out the nine flavors of this drink offered at the Hard Rock Café. The hallmark of this fest is that there are 9 different fruit flavors offered in this range. Apart from the fruit and mint leaves, different flavors of Bacardi have been used in different drinks. For example the orange drink uses Bacardi orange; the cucumber one uses Bacardi Limon. Each drink was garnished with a piece of lime and mint leaves.
The nine flavors served were watermelon, green apple, orange, bell pepper, cucumber, grape, strawberry, Kiwi and Mango. I would rank them in my order of preference:
1. Strawberry: I loved this. The taste and flavor of fresh strawberry fruit was very much evident in the drink. The Bacardi content was also right.
2. Cucumber: Extremely smooth and refreshing. Tasted low in alcohol content, but really gave a very tice aftertaste.
3. Watermelon: The freshly prepared watermelon based drink carried the flavor well. Again the alcohol content tasted right.
4. Green Apple: This tasted very close to the Absolute vodka flavor available in the market.
5. Mango: Fresh mango taste. Perks up the mood.
6. Orange: The alcohol tasted too light in this. On pointing that out, a new one was prepared which was much better.
7. Bell Pepper: Did not get the expected spiciness in the drink. Was told that international red bell peppers were used. Would prefer slightly more quantity of bell pepper to be served here.
8. Grape: Did not feel the red grape flavor in this.
9. Kiwi: Bland. The flavor did not come through at all.
One word of caution: the two friends who were with me had radically different opinion on a few flavors. So it may not be correct to generalize purely based on my view.
A must go festival for cocktail (especially mojito) fans. Try your favorite short eats with the drinks. My favorite there are the onion rings and buffalo chicken wings.
Favorite Dishes / Drinks: Bacardi Strawberry Mojito
Review posted more than 6 month ago
I went Hard Rock Cafe last Saturday night with some of my college friends. We were meeting after long, so wanted to have some fun together. The ambience is beautiful there or rather I should say rocking and fun-filled. We had few cocktails and starters, which were amazing to have. Hard Rock Café rocks and I am sure everybody will certainly like the place.
Find the best of restaurants, nightlife, events or movie listings around you with just a tap of your finger.
With Timescity mobile app, you can select any of the listed places, read reviews, look up their addresses, get directions, call them and share the contact details with friends. Download now!