Housed on the ground floor of a members-only club (C’est la Vie) is this all-day dining restaurant which is open to all. Push through the glass door of this small café... sit under bunches of paper lamps, whirring fans, a small dessert counter complete the relaxed, somewhat makeshift décor. All-day breakfast (7.30pm till midnight) is the big draw of this five-year restaurant. Eggs to order, sandwiches, waffles pancakes and more. Ask for the Choco-chip Pancakes, Waffles-drizzled with Berry Compote, Eggs Benedict (poached egg on English Muffin with smoked salmon) and Swedish Crêpes served with Maple Syrup. The menu zigzags into burgers, sandwiches, pasta and more. This Wi-fi-ed café also offers okayish Tiramisu and Apple Walnut Pie. Wine and beer served here. A relaxed, open-through-the-day café, where the service can be slow.
Review posted within last 6 month
We went on Sat evening for dinner and while all other restaurants in the area has people waiting outside, we were surprised to see this place almost empty (2 couples in all inside). That should have been an indication that something is wrong with the place … we anyway went in as we were really hungry and our baby was almost dozing off in our arms. There was no sign of the valets anywhere although there was the valet sign. Even after entering the building, the valets were simply sitting and staring at us, leaving us completely confused as to whether we were at the right place or not
The cafe is very nicely done … that’s probably the only positive thing about the whole place.
The waiter (a very friendly guy, all smiles and ready to serve) was totally lost when it came to the menu. When I asked about the ingredients in the risotto, he went back twice to check . The senior guy manning the counter was least bothered on guiding us even when I called for him. When we asked about the wines, they once again had no clue as to the house brand or ANYTHING. Someone from the lounge came and informed us about the brands available (no menu card available).
We ordered a Risotto (mushroom) and a lamb Goulash. Couple of cheese cakes for desserts… the food was served quickly, and was just average. I have had far better Goulash in smaller restaurants.
Read the complete review -- Mumbai Restaurant Review:Cocoa Cafe Ristorante Bandra West -- http://www.wheelsonourfeet.com/2013/06/06/mumbai-restaurant-review-cocoa-cafe-ristorante-bandra-west/
Favorite Dishes / Drinks: None
Review posted within last 6 month
First thing i am quite sure all the positive reviews given below are by the restaurant or its friends. Its the worst place in Mumbai to be in.. I usually never write reviews this is the first time i am.
1. The place is like semi open air, with 2 air conditioners. The funny part is only 1 of them is working and the other one which is working goes off every 5 mins.
2. There is only one Hostess in the place, she apparently, takes the order, serves, clears the table. So its multitasking.
3. The food - Half the stuff on the menu is not available the rest half which is available is unedible. we Ordered the pancakes which were the worst I have ever eaten in my life, the waffles were even more worse instead of brownie they just topped it with some choc slice cake or something with choc sauce as thick as dessert which was brought after 20 mins. The pizza was so bad that even a beggar on the road would trash it, the sauce was sweet and the base was stale. The only thing that was edible was the scrammble egg and a veg sandwhich.. Not to forget the Canned Juice.
4. I'm sure this place is on the verge of closing.
5. Visiting this place is like visiting hell
Review posted more than a year ago
Cocoa Café is an ideal destination for weekend fun and frolic session. The poolside location is just unbeatable and with a mug of beer nothing can get better than this. This café is European styled and has very classy feel to it. As this was the first time that I visited this place my friend took the initiative to make the orders. He ordered Mushroom Sandwich for me, a really delicious preparation. The grilled Chicken with Mash Potatoes is another must try item of Cocoa Café. I am coming to this Café again next week.
The new TimesCity mobile app is crafted for better discovery and enhanced browsing experience that helps you find restaurants, nightlife, movies and events around you and your city.